The Don't @me Top Ten

 Everyone is giving opinions on everything everywhere. So I decided to throw my hat in the ring ( I have to look that up and find the origins of that). I decided to unveil my "Don't @me Top Ten." These are random lists of random things that I think about and decided for some reason to rank. Sometimes I will have reasoning for the list and what's on them. Sometimes I will not. After all, It is my list. So, without further adieu (That's another one), here we go...


TOP TEN MOVIES ( Thought I would start off easy.).

These are movies that I will stop every time if I am flicking through channels and see that it is on.


10. SAW.  It's all about the ending and watching the guy on the floor during basement/bathroom scenes (Spoiler alert!). When he gets up it, I still am amazed. It's like waiting for the ending to a magic trick you have already seen twenty times before.


9. STAR TREK (2009). The cast. Excellent. The casting director scored an A on this one. Every person was perfect for their role. Even threw a Hemsworth in there. Story was strong. Tied up being able to create new adventures with a little timeloop razzle dazzle. And of course- Leonard Nimoy.


8. GLORY. Again, the cast. Denzel, Morgan, Andre, Broderick, Elwes etc... The screen chmestry was great. The story was strong. Gave me tears of joy and pain. And it was based on a true story. Lord, Lord, Lord.


7. THE GODFATHER. Yes, to some 7 may be low, but remember its MY list. Don't @me. Probably the mist quotable movie on my list for the  public at large. This is the platinum standard of gangland movies. Vintage Al Pacino before he started yelling.


6. MALCOLM X.  Denzel and Spike Lee. I almost don't have to say anymore. But I will. To me no one else will ever be Malclom X. The direction was top-notch. And seeing Sike in zoot suit was hilarious.


5. THE DARK KNIGHT. Second best comic book film. You know a film based on the comics is good when you forget during the movie that the film is based on a comic book. In this movie you take the characters and conflicts seriously. Health Ledger and Christian Bale- unbelievable. But his is only my second favorite movie based on a comic book. It was my favorite for a good amount of time, but then came...


4. BLACK PANTHER. Chadwick, Michael B., Forrest, Angela, Winston, Lupita, Andy, Danai, Martin, Daniel. Great job Mr. Coogler. The cultural impact of this movie is for the ages. Wakanda Forever. All I can say is, thank you and rest well my King.


3. THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK. The best of the Star Wars saga. Disclosure: I could have populated this list with all of the Star Wars movies, But I have thoughts on a ranking for all of those. No need to spoil it. Yoda.


2. LEGENDS OF THE FALL. Do not @me. Brad Pitt. Anthony Hopkins, Aiden Quinn and Julia Ormond (the most gifted crier of the 90's). This movie makes me tear up every time at the same scenes all the time. Once, because you are reading this I'll allow you to ask me, just once.


1.BAD BOYS. This is my list.  Will Smith and Martin Lawrence. This is the best on screen chemistry in a buddy cop movie of all time. This movie is action comedy perfection. This is the movie I quote the most in random conversation. This is my movie.

Now that's how you make a list. From now on, that's how I want you to make a list.

Comments

Popular Posts